Hurricane Fernanda is currently a major hurricane in the Pacific. Fernanda is expected to weaken, but residents and visitors should be prepared for high winds, surf, and rain associated with hurricanes. If Hurricane Fernanda hits Maui County, we would see the effects early next week. Get prepared NOW!
- Check your emergency kit. Do you have everything you need? Click to learn more
- Do you have a “go-bag” with clothes, money, medications, and other essentials?
- Make sure you have enough supplies (food/water/etc.) to last 14 days
- If high winds are forecasted, make sure to bring heavy items inside, such as patio furniture
- Do you have an emergency plan for your family and your pets?
- Sign-up for Maui County’s Emergency Alert System, Maka`Ala